laugardagur, nóvember 24, 2001

Another lazy day in Bariloche, Argentina. Not much hurricaning going on right now :) The weather actually has improved a lot, so it's a shame just to sit around doing nothing!

Finally got the last information I need for my application on the e-mail yesterday evening. Now the computer is my only problem; this computer here doesn't support our strange Icelandic letters. Have to figure that out somehow. Anyway, I only saw this e-mail a few minutes ago and since it's already almost closing time for the post office I won't reach it. The application will probably have to wait until Monday. What a shame!!!

Am really looking forward to going hiking again. Bariloche is a great town, set in an awesome scenery of wild rugged mountains and vast open spaces. The lake, Nahuel Huapi, is enormous and when the wind blows, as it's been doing since I got here (and yesterday we actually had some snow downtown, would you believe that!), it looks like the ocean, with huge waves hitting the shore. The hike I was planning to do is rather "wild" at the moment, two Israeli guys I know started it last Thursday and came back yesterday evening, totally exhausted, after doing three days worth of hiking in two days, walking in snow up to their knees and getting lost time and again. Cool!! I might have to wait a bit longer... it's really a bit frustrating to see all those beautiful hikes still more or less impassable. Doon't even want to think about what Fitz Roy or Torres del Paine will look like when I get there, hopefully in the middle of December. Everything covered in snow... should have practiced cross-country skiing a bit more :)

Engin ummæli: