föstudagur, apríl 14, 2006

Blowin' in the wind

My fellow Icelanders: Do you remember how the wind sometimes blew so hard in Iceland that when you were a kid going to school you had to grab the nearest streetlamp to save yourself from being blown over the strait to Greenland? Do you remember how you spent countless days as a child watching the local rescue squad trying to save rooftops from being blown off the houses across the street? Do you remember how the window panes used to bulge with the force of the storm? Well, welcome to an early summer gust in Waimea town, Big Island of Hawaii.

I bought my first instrument ever today. It's a beautiful Hawaiian ukulele, and I can't wait to sit down and learn the ropes. Shan and I already scheduled our first gig at the local brewery pub next Friday. You think I'll learn to play this thing by then?

Engin ummæli: