föstudagur, nóvember 17, 2006

And since I'm at it...

I might as well post some more.

Am currently getting psyched about my upcoming trip to the Philippines in January. For those of you not in the know (which includes, I presume, every reader of this blog), I am going there to do fieldwork for my thesis work. It should be quite some adventure...

Fortunately I have some contacts there by now, thanks to my office mate Adam. A professor at the University of the Philippines has been exceptionally helpful, putting me in contact with a lot of people who might be able to assist me in many ways. Among other things, he's secured me the company of one of his grad students for part of my fieldwork. Now that's swell, because there's nothing more conductive to sudden madness than being alone in the field for too long.

So, I'll be goofin' around on Luzón in January and February, visiting ophiolites and volcanoes and maybe, if I'm very dugleg, Palawan. Again, a geologist's life is hard.

Then take a look: This is so cool! It almost makes me feel like a kid again, that a letter from me went to these far away, exotic places.

Other than that... nah, nothing else.

Engin ummæli: