fimmtudagur, desember 20, 2001

Guess who just walked in on the Internet-office here in downtown Ushuaia, other than Roger and Petra, the Swiss couple who told me about the Christmas-gathering here. Nice to see them again. They told me, the tourist living in a more or less artificial world, that 16 already died in the riots in Buenos Aires. I had no idea. Knew that there are riots, and some state of emergency has been declared, but didn´t think anyone was dead. Innocent little Icelander. Can´t say I´m surprised at the riots, not after hearing absolutely everyone here in Argentina worry and fret about the situation. Can´t blame them for trying to burn down the ministry of economy either since the Minister seems to be one giant asshole. Actually, pretty much everyone in this government seems to be an asshole. Strange, how people vote the same shit over them again and again; they should know by know that it doesn´t matter if the politicians call themselves radicals or Peronists or whatever. Well, them same thing is happening in Iceland if you ask me. When is anyone going to go and burn down the so-called "Ministry" (I´d call it the lousy-and-very-bad-Joke) of Environment? One giant asshole there, that´s for sure.

My camera is stuck in the state of emergency in Buenos Aires (not because of the state of emergency if I got it right but because someone in Buenos Aires needs some cash for a beer and thinks fedex-packets are a great way of getting it). It will be interesting to see if it ever makes it out. Murphy´s law is still a law, I wonder if it will manifest itself this time. If shit can happen, it will happen. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. btw, I have no idea whether all this is true. My conspiracy theories are still only theories.

Arnon has promised to lend me his camera for the Antarctic if mine hasn´t arrived by the time I leave. He´s great.

Engin ummæli: