þriðjudagur, febrúar 19, 2002

Not in Bolivia yet! Actually I am still on the Camino Austral in Chile, didn`t start my bus ride to Bolivia until yesterday. Spent last week going south from Coyhaique, to a small town called Villa Cerro Castillo. Did a 4-day trek there in the Cerro Castillo area, this Castillo thing is another tower-shaped mountain (to me it actually looks more like a Gothic temple than a medieval castle). It was simply a great trek, the scenery wonderful and the weather too, but it was quite hard. Especially the first day, when we lost the trail on the way up a wooded hill and ended up bashing through the bushes. Good fun, though :)

So, I just bought the ticket for the catamaran to Castro (THE town on Chiloe, the biggest island in Chile (I think)). Everything was wrapped in fog here in Chaiten when I got up (after a killer bus ride from Coyhaique yesterday, 14 hours, we arrived here at midnight) but it seems the fog is slowly melting away. It is probably going to be a perfect day for sitting with some peaches on the plaza and simply enjoying life.

Oh, yes, and my brother and his long-time girlfriend Addy are getting married!!! Jibbi!!!!

Engin ummæli: