sunnudagur, febrúar 10, 2002

Ooo, old age is coming closer! Have only 10 more days until I´m even older than I am now.

The ferry ride from Puerto Natales to Chacabuco (or Svakapúkó as my friend Kidda pointed out to me) was ok. Food almost terrible and definitely not too much of it. The landscape was pretty, especially in the southern part where the trees weren´t blocking the view. Saw a lot of albatrosses, petrels and skuas, and an innocent duck paddling on the water with a lot of splashing almost caused a riot on the front deck as people rushed over to see the ´whale´. Rain actually hid a lot of the scenery from us almost all the time.

Am now in Coyhaique, the biggest town along the so-called Carretera Austral. Tomorrow I´ll start my long journey to Bolivia... wow, taking buses over half of the South-American continent will be interesting!

Engin ummæli: