þriðjudagur, júní 12, 2007

Blogopause

I'm having a blogopause these days. It happens to bloggers that have been at it for veeerrrryyyy long. Thus the random pictures.

In the wake of whining and howling about lost pay and paycuts and whatnot I have decided to go on a spiffy sumer vacation!!! What else is there to do (other than, perhaps, NOT go on a summer vacation)? It begins tomorrow with a flight to Salt Lake City. My luvly cohabitator (Dork#2 below... or was it #1??) and I are going to bike from Telluride, CO to Moab, UT over the course of 7 days. If we don't a) perish from exhaustion or heatstroke, b) get eaten by a mountain lion, c) get lost or d) decide to leave it all behind and become Abbey-ists out west, we should be back in about 10 days.

Before I forget. Last night while having dinner I saw a young woman breastfeeding her baby on the next table. Nothing unusual about that, except she was wearing a giant blanket hooked around her neck, so that the baby was completely covered. In my limited perception of things, a society that labels breastfeeding too morally upsetting to be carried out in the open is seriously screwed up. Not that I hadn't realized that before, but I always find it equally disturbing.

3 ummæli:

Nafnlaus sagði...

Ojbara þúrt svo mikill dóni. Ertu virkilega að stinga upp á því að konur beri spenana á sér á almanna færi? Góða ferð ;)

hronnsa sagði...

ija eg er sammala ther herdis! eg skiliggi thetta med teppid og bobbingana. verd half aest bara af ad hugsa um thetta rugl herna i thessu landi.

Mike sagði...

absolutely love edward abbey - though some of what he has to say enrages me...