laugardagur, febrúar 23, 2008

Moved out

Well, now it's very officially over: I moved out from Shan's place today. My new place is a nice little room in an apartment that I share with 3 other people, one of whom is my friend Louise. It's actually thanks to her that I now rent the room! Thanks, Louise :)

During the week that has passed since I came back several things have happened. I regained my capacity to tolerate cold. I looked for a place to live and found one. I got my samples organized. And (I hope you are sitting) I tricked my adviser into cleaning out the lab with me. This is a historical event that should be duly celebrated, since nothing comparable has (to the best of my knowledge, acquired both through talking with eyewitnesses and keen observation of the layers of trash) happened for at least ten years. Old samples from grad students and undergrad research assistants, defunct lab equipment and loads of other stuff have been piled on top of the counters in my lab, making it hard to carve out even a small clear patch to work on. In three or four historical hours last week about 7 trash bags' worth of this junk was shoveled off the shelves and counters and sent to the dumpster. Now I have ONE WHOLE workbench completely free for my work. There's not even a speck of DUST on it. I should get the Order of Merit for precipitating this change, I so swear.

Ok, gotta go to get some laundry quarters and then go see a movie with my ex. See, even if we're exes we still get along splendidly. Of which I am most proud :)

3 ummæli:

Erna Massi sagði...

Here's to good friends!

Alisha Rene' sagði...

raise a glass, here here!!!

what movie didja go see?????

Móðir, kona, meyja sagði...

Good luck, sweetie. *kram*