föstudagur, september 26, 2008

The Boston Experience

1. The geochemistry labs at Boston University rock my socks and make my days. What wondrous things, these instruments that actually work!
2. Yoga in the Back Bay is really quite something. Diluvian rain kept me from trying their Yin Yoga today but the Vinyasa class I took there last Wednesday was wonderful. I'm planning to head back tomorrow for some more. And on Sunday. And on Monday. Luvely.
3. My co-Cornellian and friend Chris, who is hosting me here and whose trooper Carla I unfortunately fried in Hawaii back in 2005 is simply the sweetest, most generous guy around. Thanks for all your help and generosity, Chris!
4. Boston rain is really impressive. Persistent as hell.
5. I now have my first invited talk on my CV and under my belt.
6. Months, nay, years, of frustration and trying are now over. I can move on with my life, having put the cations behind me. I can't tell you how relieved I am.

3 ummæli:

Móðir, kona, meyja sagði...

Til hamingju, we are all so happy for you. Go, Chris!

Alisha Rene' sagði...

YEAH - sounds exciting. I'm glad you have such fantastic hospitality as well :)

Nafnlaus sagði...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!