miðvikudagur, september 03, 2008

Trying...

... to put together an abstract for the AGU ('Mercan Geophysical Union) Fall Meeting in San Fran in December. Not sure I'll go but I want to keep the option open. But it's hard writing an abstract when there is no data interpretation ready. And the graphs I've been making, they look funny. I have no idea what's going on in them! Which of course is exciting, but I don't know if they'll accept an abstract that says: "So, I have this awesome data set from a place where no one has worked before and the data look cool but I have no friggin' clue what they're telling me. I promise to find out by December".

My head is spinning, which is no wonder considering I've been at work (and actually working!) for 14 hours. I'm gonna go home, eat the rest of my favorite Ben and Jerry's ice cream and go to bed. Maybe watch one episode of Boston Legal, my favorite waste of time these days. Then get up early again (I was up at 6 am today...), go to the laundromat, think more about abstract, go pick up my new travel backpack from EMS, go home and pack, go to work and pick up stuff, maybe discuss abstract with adviser, then head for the airport. Sweet :)

Lastly, since I know I won't have time for this tomorrow: Happy birthday, dad!

Engin ummæli: