þriðjudagur, ágúst 14, 2007

Something's in the air

Ah, bless the 'Mercan Embassy in Reykjavik. They are apparently so swamped with visa applications these days that one has to wait over a month to get an interview. And nowhere does it say so on their website. (And even if it did, I would still have a problem since it didn't become clear that I would have to change visas until last week). Therefore, after a conversation with a seemingly rather overworked but ultimately very friendly receptionist at the embassy, the verdict is that I have to push back my visit to Iceland by a week or so. That is of course monetarily not very convenient, but the pecuniary inconvenience is probably more than made up for by the fact that luvely people I know who won't be around in late August, such as my friend Stina, will be in town, and I'll be around to give my dad a happy b-day hug. Nicht schlecht.

Which reminds me. The conference is looming large on the horizon. Better get some work done!

2 ummæli:

Eyja sagði...

Úff, þjónustan hjá bandaríska sendiráðinu á Íslandi er algjör hryllingur og hefur alltaf verið (a.m.k. svo lengi sem mín reynsla nær til).

Herdis sagði...

Segðu. Alveg ömurleg.