mánudagur, ágúst 20, 2007

Talk talk talk - undubbed

I am in Köln. Or Cologne, as my boyfriend's compatriots like to call it.

Ich bin in Köln. Dass heisst, Cologne, wie es die Landesgenossen meines Freundes nennen möchten.

See! I can still speak German (or something akin to German). Hah!

For your edification, I am inserting a slide from my upcoming talk at the awesome schmawsome conference:



Now don't complain that you have no idea what I'm trying to tell you - just go and find out!

I forgot that all TV is dubbed in Germany. There is something decidedly odd about watching Buffy the vampire slayer in German.

Wondering why I'm watching TV? Well, I'm practicing my talk in the hotel room, and assuming my neighbors aren't interested in hearing the talk ten times, I'm trying to drown out my voice with the TV. Which is why I'm listening to the King of Queens having a fight with his wife in German right now. Sigh.

2 ummæli:

Móðir, kona, meyja sagði...

I thought cologne was a sort of perfume...

*applause*

Herdis sagði...

And I thought Hamburg was a sort of food...

*standing ovation*