sunnudagur, desember 11, 2005

After the AGU

Well well, time for a little update. Since the last post I have spent gazillion hours in front of the computer screen, had a mild nervous breakdown over the printing of my poster, been rescued by Vala in Pasadena, traveled to San Francisco, met a whole bunch of Icelanders, presented, overdosed on science, eaten loads of Asian food, burnt my shirt and made it back to Ithaca. Not bad, huh?

So, the conference went well. My poster session was on Wednesday and I did get some nice feedback on my work. I really had fun presenting my poster, not because the science is so fantastic (which it isn't) but because I never get a chance to talk about it here at Cornell, where the absence of any kind of group meetings or student seminars in my field is absolute and unrelenting.

While in San Francisco I read The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. What a wonderful piece of literature. Recommended. And The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, by Mark Haddon, which I bought in Atlanta on the way back to Ithaca, is very promising indeed.

But idle reading will be relegated to the back burner for the next few days. Finals are coming up. Finals spinals. I hate finals. Did I mention that I hate finals? Hate finals, as in HATE finals. I hate finals. I also hate classes, I hate homework, I hate prelims. If there were any justice in this world, these would be my final finals, final classes. But they won't be and that makes me feel like biting my head off.

Engin ummæli: