þriðjudagur, mars 14, 2006

Still bound

but not because of storms this time:

"When do I need to get up to catch my flight?" thought the woman to herself as she was setting the alarm clock. "It leaves at 8 am so I need to be at the airport at 7 am, getting there takes a little over an hour so I need to get up at... 5:30 am. Damn, CTB doesn't open until 6 am so I'll have to do the trip without coffee."

Next thing this woman knows, her alarm goes off. As she hits the snooze button she takes a quick look at the display and jumps screaming out of bed. 6:30 am, and she's missing the flight.

How 5:30 in my head translates into 6:30 in my fingers I do not know. I wonder if they have medicine for this? If there is such a thing as flight-missing syndrome, I may well be the first diagnosed patient.

Engin ummæli: