þriðjudagur, september 05, 2006

Brownian motion

Ok, so, before I continue my ambling through the remote sensing problem set due on Friday I'm going to tell you this:

- Yesterday was my dad's birthday. Til hamingju!!

- Friday was India's birthday. Congratulations!

- Shan and I very unexpectedly spent the weekend in Oregon celebrating the latter birthday and hanging out w. the family. An altogether great experience.

- My paper has been cited once. Hah!

- Am currently reading "The Feminie Mystique" by Betty Friedan. It is totally captivating and I'm blasting through it as if it were a thriller. It's also unbelievable and more than a little frightening to read about where women were in the USA in the middle of the 20th century. Repeatedly I find myself just having to stop reading and pick my jaw off of the floor.

- The Dixie Chicks are my favorite at this moment, both for their music and because they have guts (they do, for instance, have clothes on..). Sufjan Stevens is also delightfully bizarre but too easy to fall asleep to.

- Somehow I find myself taking three classes this semester. Remember that this is my fourth YEAR here in grad school and I was fed up with taking class already by the second semester. Something's odd here.

- This semester I'm also teaching a lab in an introductory oceanography class. It's so much fun because us two grad student TA's have two undergrad assistants who actually do the teaching. I find it so cool and not because they do the hard part, but because I'm learning so much from my undergrad assistant about how to interact with students and teach. It's by far the best part of my semester.

Steradians and solid angles have yet to prove if they can enrich my life significantly until the end of the semester. I guess I'll have to plough through the problem set to find out.

Engin ummæli: