laugardagur, nóvember 29, 2008

Award points, finally good for something!

I totally lost it in the toy store today and bought some awesome Christmas gifts for the twins, i.e. my niece and nephew.

After which I started thinking about, hey, how the h3ll am I gonna get these things to Iceland? They're big, and oddly shaped, and the poor postman would maybe poke his eye out (what does that tell you about my choice of a gift for two 5-year olds?? I shudder to think...).

So, I checked my award points balance on Icelandair and lo and behold, I have 50763 points, 12 thousand of which expire on December 31st of this year. As it were, it's exactly 50,000 points to fly from USA1 (where I live) to Iceland! So, although I realize there probably aren't many seats left and I'm at a conference until December 20th, I sent in a request for award flight booking. Who knows, I might get lucky and get to give Lilja and Tómas their gifts in person!

Oh, and feel free to scold me for not checking the award point status before. I knew it was getting close to a ticket, I just didn't realize HOW close.

And if the flight falls through, I can at least use the 12,000 points set to expire at the local Hertz car rental, cruising around for a day. Or donate them all to the Children's Travel Fund. But I really do hope I'll just get on that plane!

2 ummæli:

Erna Massi sagði...

jeijjjj!

Herdis sagði...

Aha, jeiiij! Allavega þangað til/ef annað kemur í ljós...