mánudagur, október 22, 2007

Winter comes crashing in

The hard drive in my work computer crashed today. And winter came to Houston:

It rained all morning and the wind picked up during the afternoon, so much so that my fellow elevator travelers were discussing where on the 21st floor was the best place to feel the building swinging back and forth. On my way to the bus stop I sorely missed my new woolen coat. To keep warm I decided to walk to a bus stop two blocks further away than my regular one, and by doing so I almost missed the bus.

Then, there's Facebook. Instead of reading up some more on the biochemistry of biomarkers tonight, or even processing a set of raw data straight off the ion chromatograph which I've been putting off for a month now (no, it's really not that hard, I'm just colossally lazy when it comes to my Ph.D. project), I spent the evening on Facebook. Sad, really.

2 ummæli:

Móðir, kona, meyja sagði...

They call that winter? Really?

Herdis sagði...

Well no, they don't. It's just me looking for a title.

But I'm not sure it gets much colder than those 14°C on a regular basis in the winter. Last winter was allegedly very bad: temperatures dropped below freezing three (!!) times.