þriðjudagur, ágúst 05, 2008

Yoga goes biodegradable

My old yoga mat became musty-smelling after the moldy-bed ordeal of a few weeks ago so I invested in a new mat which arrived today. It smells funny, not your average plastic-foam smell, though, because it is entirely biodegradable. Yep, I gotta take care it won't get wet because it will quite literally break down! This beauty comes from Manduka yoga gear (the eKo) and is apparently the first yoga mat ever made that will break down completely into natural components at the end of its life. Which is supposed to be very long, as long as I make sure to keep it dry. I can't wait to try it at home tonight, as it is supposed to be completely slide-proof as well!

2 ummæli:

Móðir, kona, meyja sagði...

Lets hope you don't sweat buckets on it...

Herdis sagði...

hehe, I'll try not to :) Actually I think it IS on to sweat buckets on it b/c it's intended for people who slip in their poses b/c of all the sweat on their hands and feet (charming, I know). It's just that if you leave it wet for a while it won't only get moldy and mildew-y (ick!), it'll also decompose :D Personally, I love that part ;)