sunnudagur, maí 19, 2002

ok, you folks have to be kind to me nw. Just installed some rating device on my blog where you can tell me how much you love it or loathe it. Living dangerously, that´s what it is!!

Am writing my blog at Stína´s place. Came here to eat cakes and visit the family. The talking twins and Jón with the pink shirt. Life in the slow lane... "DON´T drive your car on the piano, Valli!!!" My photoalbum from South America and the Antarctic got decorated with some green and purple Crayola Crayons. Neat. The boys are wonderful, as long as I´m not changing their nappies ;)

What a wonderful day yesterday. My brother got married in this old and beautiful church, next door to the president´s house, to his long-time girlfriend Addý. But it wasn´t her who walked down the aisle with her dad, it was a fairy tale princess. She was sooo beautiful! So, of course, were Júlíus and our dad and her dad, all dressed up in the new Icelandic men´s costume. We Icelanders are such a beautiful nation :) The party afterwards was good, a cocktail party lasting until well into dinner hours, and then a gorgeus dinner at Lækjarbrekka, and then checking out the nightlife of Reykjavík with dad and Sigga (his wife)!! Met her kids at the oh so fashionable Kaupfélagið, it was good. Mom was sick and couldn´t make it to the wedding, and my younger sister Lára stayed home with her. Shame.

Stína and I are going out to check which café is the coolest. I feel like a hillbilly here in fashionable Reykjavík after having been a Svalbard-girl for so long. Where a Lomatex scooter-dress is the coolest thing. But I like it. Love it. Especially after having used make-up yesterday, after more than half a year without. Why are we doing this?? What is the point?? Am planning to further cultivate the hillbilly within. Maybe I should change the blog description: A celebration of hillbilly-ism!

Engin ummæli: