sunnudagur, júlí 28, 2002

This template is ugly, I so swear. Hate it. But, who cares when you're going on a 14-day hike in the North? I don't!

So, tonight I'm going to the airpost to pick up my passengers who'll join me on this "Trekking at the North Pole Rim"-tour. Hehe, had a training walk yesterday with the military guide-group (three of the guides this year are retired officers from the Norwegian Air Force!!! - people in their early forties. Why can't ordinary people retire at forty??), I suspected them of being in terribly good shape but found out today that at least one of them had sore butt-muscles, just like I had! We walked up on one mountain, over it and then up another. Very ambitious, I dare say.

It's not my shape, though, that makes me maybe a bit worried about the trekking tour. It's rather the polar bears. They like hanging around in the fjord where we stay the first three days. Oh, what the heck, these tours have been running for 12 years now and no one has ever had serious problems with them. Cross my fingers. Saw on BBC Prime yesterday that Ewan McGregor (god, he's sooo handsome!) has made a documentary about polar bears. Why didn't he call me? Me being the only person who has survived mooning a polar bear!?! He's about to make a new one, couldn't someone point out my (still) existance to him???!!!!?!

Hope you will still remember me in two weeks time, even if no posts will be made in the meantime. I love you anyway :)

Engin ummæli: