laugardagur, nóvember 19, 2005

Celebrations

Well, there was more to yesterday's celebrations than a cinnamon bun.

You see, after work my darling co-habitator invited me for a romantic dinner at one of the town's nicest restaurants, The Willow. It was excellent, and the red wine was probably the best I've ever had. Since the restaurant didn't have any decadent chocolate dessert on offer, we went for an ice cream sundae at Ithaca's own Purity ice cream shop afterwards. It was getting late by that time so we just managed to get the sundaes before being kicked out by the staff, eager to go partying. Us two old farts took that as a sign that it was time to go home, and we rounded off the evening with a movie, slouching on the couch. An altogether seriously nice evening.

Tonight, Shan is headed for another night on the town. Our friend Alex is celebrating his thirtieth birthday in NYC and given the fun we all had when Eric celebrated his thirtieth a few weeks ago, I'm sure this will be a night to remember. I am staying in Ithaca, though, making up for some of the time that I spent away from my desk when I went to Iceland for grandma's funeral. Fun fun fun!

Engin ummæli: