mánudagur, nóvember 07, 2005

Life in the hectic lane

Well, time for a little update. I am going to Iceland tomorrow on the evening flight from Boston, landing in Keflavík in the wee hours of Wednesday morning. Am looking forward to seeing my family and friends, I have to say.

Things have been kind of hectic here due to this sudden trip. Right now I am working hard to get as much work as possible out of the way before I leave, since I won't be able to do much while in Iceland. I do have a meeting with Magnús lined up on Friday, though, we're going to smooth out the last flaws in our revised paper and get it in to the publisher. I will be very glad when that is done. As in, VERY glad.

Shan and I spent hours in the mall yesterday getting Christmas presents for everyone in Iceland and Denmark. As usually, I totally lost it in the children's section and wanted to buy the entire store for my nephews and his. He had to drag me out, I'm afraid :) Am very glad that the X-mas shopping has now been taken care of (as opposed to it being done two days before X-mas as usually). Think I might make a habit out of this.

Also gained a new holiday this year, when I celebrated Halloween in my own home for the first time. One of my students, appaled to hear that I'd never carved a pumpkin, gave me a big one, with instructions and all! Shan and I carved it on Monday night, the result can be seen here.

Engin ummæli: