mánudagur, september 24, 2007

Instrument massage

'Allo allo!

erm... the "save now" button is growing as I type. No shittin'. Ok, it's stopped now.

Again, I'm enjoying a full evening in a lab, massaging a stubborn instrument into cooperation. And I even forgot my knitting at the office! The stubborn instrument is actually a laptop PC that remotely controls the ion chromatograph (IC) I'm trying to use... and the friggin laptop is so old and slow that it can't handle anything... even gave me the blue screen of death once... and I'm having to shut it down and restart it over and over again... and voila, the clock went from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm, and still no success (or dinner!).

Hopefully this will be over soon. I have the Fifth Element at home and need to watch it by tomorrow (I know it's supposed to be crappy, but I need to (finally) find out for my self). I also have to start packing for Houston and throw my dirty clothes into the washing machine. And most of all I have to run these samples!! Wish me luck, please.

4 ummæli:

Nafnlaus sagði...

Luuuuck!
Luuuuck!
Luuuuck!

Mike sagði...

the fifth element is awesome...

Nafnlaus sagði...

who on earth tried to lie to you that the 5th element is crap? It´s great!

Herdis sagði...

Crap... I just wrote this enormous comment and it *púff* disappeared!

So, the 5th was not crap at all, you are both right. But Zorg's hairdo went on my nerves and Leeloo's acting like a differently abled person (ok, retard) all the time is just BEYOND me. Apart from that (and because of that, of course) the movie was hilarious.

And takk fyrir the lucks, Erna. It totally worked :)