þriðjudagur, september 25, 2007

You may not believe this:

It's warmer in Ithaca now than in Houston. I'll be damned.

Instrument update: The computer finally started cooperating last night after I had posted about my troubles here. The samples are running smoothly. If the rest of the run continues so nicely I'll have all the analyzes I need by midnight. Aaahhh.

I guess it's a weird coincidence, but my mom and sis, my friend Erna, and myself are all moving places this week. Personally I am mildly freaking out about all the undone stuff. Alkalinity titrations, for example. Well, at least I got the issue with the company rental car sorted out and I have a place to stay when I get to Houston. From now on it's become a question of how much work stuff I forget to bring along (yep, the plan is to work on my thesis in my spare time... or so my adviser wants... and I'd do it if the word self-discipline existed in my vocabulary) and not forgetting to take the stuff I can't bring on the plane to the UPS store for shipping to Texas.

But this is peanuts compared to the other moves taking place. My mom has a whole home to move from one house to another. Phew. Erna is not only moving houses but also from one country to another. And as if that weren't enough, she's defending her Ph.D. thesis in the middle of it all. Phew again.

5 ummæli:

Nafnlaus sagði...

Good luck moving Herdís! I'm sure Houston is going to be great!

Herdis sagði...

Thanks! I'm sure England is going to be great too :)

Nafnlaus sagði...

ertu að fara að flytja til Houston?? úff.. já, einn flutningur núna og svo annar eftir ár! haleluja!

Nafnlaus sagði...

Thanks Herdis ;)
It is so funny that everyone is moving at the same time!!!
I'm on Box 41... It is amazing how much crap one can acumulate in the course of 6 years!

Móðir, kona, meyja sagði...

Úff, ekki öfunda ég ykkur. Gangi ykkur öllum vel með þetta allt saman.

Hata flutninga. Hata þá.