laugardagur, maí 11, 2002

Am still struggling with Beckerman. Guess I'll never finish...

The weather is so incredibly wonderful here in Svalbard at the moment. And has been for the last few days. Sunshine, hardly a cluod in the sky, hardly a breeze in the air. A time for being outdoors. Did my boss a favor and went as a 2nd guide to the ice-cave today, it was actually very nice to get a bit out of town.

Next Thursday will see me leaving Longyearbyen. Glupp. Will be back in Iceland on the 17th, the day before my bro's getting married. It'll be nice to be home again, eat some pulsur med øllu og hraun og eitthvad annad gummuladi... and the freeze-dried food I'm bringing home for my friend Erna and I (for the trek...). Then I'm going back here on the 11th, so I'll miss my brother's thirtieth birthday. Svalbard is actually making me miss out on quite a few festive occasions. Sorry about that, folks, you'd understand why if you came up for a visit and saw what this place is all about!!!

Am going out to enjoy the sunshine. Hurray!

Engin ummæli: