laugardagur, maí 25, 2002

I can´t wait!!!! ooohhhh, I´m going north with Erna this coming Monday, and I´m looking soooooooooooooooooo much forward to it!!!!

Actually, the clouds over Esjan are disgustingly pink right now. Wery pretty, but wery disgustingly pink. Sunset in early summer in Iceland... or maybe it´s the sunrise this time. How on Earth should I know?

Election day in all of Iceland. I was walking barefoot in my sandals here in Reykjavik (we hate to admit this but many Icelanders haven´t yet realized how un-cool it is to wear socks with your Tevas...) while my compatriots in the East are dug under fifteen fet of pure white snow (hey, I may be exaggerating slightly but it´s such a great song!). Do our politicians really and seriously think that some monstrous power plant and an even more monstrous aluminum smelter will make anyone want to move to that part of the country??? I mean, snow in late May is only cool if you´re on Baffin Island. Or a penguin in the Antarctic. Correct me if I am wrong.

Oh, yes, the elections. Interesting indeed. Both my father and my mother tried to influence my choice today and both of them totally ignored my protest. I tried to point out to them that they are violating the laws of the Republic and of democracy by showering me with propaganda on election day. They couldn´t care less. This is what we call a parent-problem. When parents don´t listen to their children and want all the attention for themselves. Little did I know when I went through this phase at the age of 3 that it would re-visit me when I was in my late twenties, and that I would be the one suffering.

Tomorrow, you´ll find me in the garage (if I don´t get lost in there, that is; everything else in there is lost...). I have to find my compass, my map, my GPS and my steel thermos. Wish me luck. It might come in handy!

Engin ummæli: