þriðjudagur, maí 14, 2002

Being here is a major health hazard. Yesterday Puben invited us, the Safari/SPOT guides, for a party. Pizza and beer and a whole jerrycan (20 liters!!!) of some obscure, terribly delicious drink. We were 15 or 18 people there, and damn me, who of you guys would still be sober after drinking (on the average, NB) more than a liter of such gudaveigar!?!?! Poor us, being continually exposed to these hardships. Henrik and I tried to watch telly in the wee hours of the morning, when we made it home (way before many other people who apparently never made it home... Anne... hmmmm....) but Henrik's head was swimming (or so he told me, it looked firmly in place to me...) so he fell asleep almost instantly on the sofa. I however enjoyed an episode of Miami Vice and then the last minutes of a very strange film about... well, they were transvestites but what more/else I never really understood. Had some few good laughs though, but maybe not in the places the director would have wanted me to. Then sent Henrik to bed, since it's easier to ignore his snoring when he's packed up in his own bed in his own room. Sorry about that, Henrik :)

I'm glad I'm getting sykepenger from the Norwegian state. I need it, in this unhealthy place.

Have found a German girl and her German friend to join me on a trip to the Sahara and western Africa. Her name's Anne, she's visiting Helen here in Svalbard. Of course these two are geologists, you need to be an idealist I guess to do both these things. Travel with jeep or motorbikes or camels through the Sahara, and study geology. But the best thing about her is that she really really really likes Nick Cave. Now I couldn't go to Africa without someone like that.

Engin ummæli: