þriðjudagur, maí 21, 2002

this was amusing... reminds me of when I was 11 and was sent together with 3 other Icelandic kids as small ambassadors for Peace on Earth to Thailand. Not that I didn´t want to go... CISV organized the summer-camp, in some rage of optimism that one day this planet will enjoy peace:

Here in this village you may see
children living happily
different race and different land
here we come to understand
one anothers point of view
learning through the things we do
how alike am I to you...

Hmmm... I´d like to guess that we learned a lot in the camp in Thailand. Anu, a thin and pretty Indian girl showed me how to crush grasshoppers under your feet and cut lizards in two (and how the tail keeps on swinging after being cut off the torso...), Joseph from the Philippines was a perfect incarnation of Garfield and the other Indian girl, who was big and excessively premature, taught me to write "air conditioning". I´m sure it has made the world a better place.

Engin ummæli: