föstudagur, janúar 13, 2006

Boatbuilding and other pastimes

Finally, finally (i.e. loksins, loksins!)! At the suggestion of my lovely cohabitator we are ganging up with some friend with the aim of - ratatata - building our own boat!! A sketch is shown here. Isn't it a splendid boat? Smár en knár, that's the motto here.

The annual Snee Graduate Research Symposium was held today. That's when we students get to put together a 10-minute talk about our research, or attempts at research, and present it to anyone who wants to listen. We also feed all those in attendance, and that's why I missed all the talks in the morning (I started making the soup I had volunteered to make at midnight, reasoning that putting it off until the morning and therefore having to wake up at 7 am was an absolute impossibility for me. Thus I didn't get much sleep until 5:30, when the soup was ready and I could jump out of bed to toss the pot into the fridge. Which meant that I slept like a baby until 10:30 am. I deeply apologize.) Anyways, I gave my talk and I hear that I did pretty well. Which of course makes me happy, because I think that it's fun. It may be nerve-wrecking, but it's also a lot of fun.

Looks like my Hawaii-fieldwork might get pushed back about a month. That's good.

Engin ummæli: