þriðjudagur, janúar 10, 2006

Yo man!

I can't believe it's been over a week - yes, over a WEEK - since I last posted anything to this site. I guess I could have posted the results of the test I took the other day (which social dysfunction are you) but they didn't exactly lend themselves to be published. My poor shrink, if he only knew...

As usually, I could be very busy but I'm withstanding the temptation. A grad student symposium is coming up this Friday and I'll be giving a talk. Not a single slide is ready, not even the title slide. Usually I'm pretty good at making title slides and sometimes I get them done as much as 3 days in advance. Alas, not this time. My next field season in Hawaii is also coming up and I haven't even bought the plane ticket yet. Let alone started acid-washing the sample bottles, since the bottles are still in the warehouse from where I have to buy them. Efforts are under way, though, to vacuum out the other sample bottles, so I haven't been completely idle. If, that is, sending an email and then browsing online scientific supplies stores counts as not being completely idle.

A major event happened in my home the other day. Shan, my lovely cohabitator, bought a guitar, just like he has wanted to do for years. It's a beautiful guitar. I have to say that our home has become significantly more cultural since the advent of the instrument and I'm enjoying every evening serenade I get.

Well, I'll save you more gibberish until next time. Lifið heil!

Engin ummæli: