sunnudagur, nóvember 17, 2002

Now I´m blogging under strict orders from Stína. I´m at her place, just entered looking like the abominable snowman from the sleet and driving snow outside. *sob*, this weather sucks from the geological perspective.

Went to bed at 10 p.m. last night, completely dead. My friend Linda Rós was very shocked. "Hey, Herdís, how can you complain about your boyfried status if you don´t ever go out?!?!" Well, my state last night wouldn´t have attracted much positive attention from any male anyway, I told her. "Ok," she replied and reluctantly allowed me to go to bed. And gee am I glad I did. Slept 12 hours straight, and as if that wasn´t enough I added four more. Beautiful.

Have been having crazy dreams lately. It´s all been about murders and perils and immoral people. Maybe I should start sleeping more and making movie scripts from my dreams. Hmmm... might make me a millionaire :)

Tuesday´s night´s dream was about this guy who was trying to kill me with a box of Cheerios. I was on my way to take the GRE stand-by and then he went for me. I narrowly escaped from him and made it to the test center. He´d made it there before me and taken the last space available, so I wasn´t to be admitted. I freaked, screaming at the people there that he was a crook and had tried to kill me etc. They just shrugged, asking what all the fuss was about; saying that since I still was alive I could just shut up. Although the dream was pretty coherent it occasionally was interrupted by scenes from winterland; snowcovered wilderness and frozen-over rivers I had to cross.

The long sleep last night was eventful as well. This time the story was about a guy who´d tried to kill his wife. She was very oppressed , so in the dream I wondered whether she´d been subject to domestic violence for long. Anyway, the bastard got a day off from prison and went for a visit to another bastard friend of his to watch some video. The prison guards just couldn´t care less about keeping an eye on him, so before you could count to ten the would-be-killer had put on a bullet-proof vest and ran for his freedom. The guards fired after him but the bullets had no effect, and being too lazy to chase him on their car they just resumed the movie-watching. Sick mofos!! Once again finding myself screaming at the injustice and corruption of this world, I demanded of them they´d go chasing him, but they just laughed at me, saying that reopening the case would cost 300 million kronur. "So what," I shouted at them, "is this woman´s life not worth more than that?? What if he kills her, simply because those 300 million kronur for reopening his case couldn´t be paid!!" Going on like this, the dream dissolved.

Now do I have a talent for dreams or what??

Engin ummæli: