mánudagur, nóvember 04, 2002

Hoho, life is beautiful again!!

Nr. 1: The terrible GRE is over, and I think I did quite ok. The analytical writing saw me in my element (in spite of the diarr?ea.. hoho, lucky me they didn´t check the spelling of this!!), the other parts were ok. At least I didn´t forget - FORGET for crying out loud - to mark the answer to ten - TEN - questions on the answer sheet as one girl did.

Nr. 2: I finally have a job. It´s a temporary one, and a very wet one for the time being, but it´s a job and I´m using my brain (well, trying to anyway, things are a bit mushy in there after years of vacation) and meeting other people on a daily basis - wonderful. Was beginning to feel myself sinking into the chasms of dark depressive moods, but am very sure it´ll be much better now.

Now the snow will just have to stay away for a while. Two more weeks, please. And I´ll put up with the rain if only the clouds promise to lift a bit. Went out for the first field day today; it started in this nice drizzling rain and good views of the mountain and ended with me fighting my way to the car in nearly horizontal rain, wet to the bone, cursing, hardly seeing the mountainside even as I was almost breaking my nose on it (some of my friends and acquaintances have noticed in me a slight tendency to exaggerate...). Fortunately saw a beautiful slump structure through the fog and driving rain and instantly got in a better mood. You know, nothing makes a geologist´s day like the sight of (to me, at least) pretty sedimentary structures and post-sedimentary deformation. And my absolute favorite? Anti-dunes. I just HAVE to find them somewhere!!

If you have problems understanding this jargon, try Erna´s site. Her´s will be further complicated for some of you by the fact that it´s all in Icelandic. I think it´s cute, even if I haven´t the faintest idea what she´s talking about.

Engin ummæli: