miðvikudagur, maí 04, 2005

Drive, drive, drive your car gently down the street...

Today and the next few will be remembered as days of driving.

Took Carla to Kohala Ranch today. Carla is an aged maiden, of the Izusu Trooper variety. She's of a very volatile temper and by the time I reached the ranch, by the upper mountain road, she was fuming. She cooled down a bit going down the steep hill to the meeting place with my well-guy, but as soon as the well testing was over and we hit the coastal road, she started fuming again. The road up to Waimea almost did the old lady in and twice I had to stop to let her calm down. I know someone's going to comment and ask if she had enough coolant; well, turns out this sweetheart burns it! What can you do?!?!

In the afternoon I played the private driver for two of our students, driving in the process to Kailua-Kona and back. Tomorrow I'll drive to Kailua-Kona and back, then to Hilo and back. Thursday, I'll drive to Hilo and back. Friday, I'll drive to Waikoloa and back, then maybe to Waipi'o and back, then to Kona. If there were a bridge to the mainland, I'd be halfway across it by the end of the week. Almost.

This reminds me of the tourists (I hate to say this, but they were girls) who I met at the campsite in Egilsstaðir many a long year ago. They asked me how long it would take to cross the bridge to Norway.

Bought Beck's Guero to listen to in the car, since listening to Hawaiian radio can make any woman suicidal. It's either ukulele (which will always put you to sleep), eighties soft-rock (which makes you lose all will to live) or country. And if it's none of those, it's NPR begging for money. Hand me the razorblade, honey.

Engin ummæli: