fimmtudagur, júní 13, 2002

God, I hate searching on the Internet. Actually, someone was right when they said that life is a joke: A few months I was so undecided about what I wanted to do for my Masters that any search on the Net for something interesting was futile. Found maybe too many things. Now I am so determined that any search is futile. Don't find anything, which is very frustrating because I know there's a heap of the stuff I want out there. Just have to find it. Am however DYING to start studying again, I really need to get on with my life. Would start yesterday, if I could.

So, what's all the fuss about? I am going to study environmental geochemistry, and I really really really want to do a project dealing with environmental (pollution) problems in some developing country. That's of course because I want to work later on in the developing world. Finding a Master's project like that must be possible, but I'm having problems... Unless you decide that there are no problems, but rather very hard tasks.

Being a Pollyann isn't always that easy. It has actually been rather hard in the last few days. Coming to Svalbard has stressed the wits out of me, especially the episode out on the shooting range today. Mind you, if you'd hear dozens and dozens of shots being fired off just 2 meters away, you'd get the adrenaline flowing. Myself hasn't ever been a good shot but actually improved a drastic lot today, I'm probably too "experienced" to blame it on beginner's luck. Then I and my recently dislocated shoulder got more and more tired, so when the test came, shooting 4 deadly shots in 20 seconds, I did a terrible job. Had to do it again. Worse. Now we need to go tomorrow and try again. Shite. Heh, it wasn't only me but our expedition leader as well; we couldn't help but wonder what happens if neither of us does better tomorrow and the company decides that we are so terrible that we can't go on the cruise :) That'll be interesting, to leave the EL and the chief-guide in town!!

Would need some relaxation right now. Am terribly stressed. Would have been good to go and protest against my ass-kissing government now, you know, to shout out a bit. Remarkable idiots, these people, I think it's about time the plebeians made a coup'd'etat, South American-style.

Engin ummæli: