laugardagur, júní 22, 2002

Have the weekend off, which is wonderful. Was sooooooooo tired yesterday, walked around town like a zombie. Somehow this job really wears you out, especially the part of it which requires you to get up in the middle of the night to pick up your guests from the airport and then taking them to the airport after the trip, at the same outrageous hours. Why can't someone else do that?? I mean, as a guide in Iceland I almost never had to get up in the middle of the f***ing night to pick up passengers from the airport. I just met them, sweet and smiling and well-rested, the next day and we all got on really well. They didn't ever blame me for not coming to the airport to pick them up. I think they were glad I hadn't seen them when they were so tired and rotten, and they sure were glad they didn't have to see me all tired and rotten. This system here sucks.

The weather doesn't. The sun is so happy up in the sky, it's hyperactive if you ask me. It should be getting tired and rotten, however, having been up there shining at us since April 7th. Well, now the longest day has already passed, and she can start her descent from the pinnacle of the sky again. Simply amazing, this midnight sun.

Should actually be writing job applications, but don't have the patience. Had the weekend all planned: Saturday for job applications and letters regarding the Masters, then Sunday for preparing lectures that I'd give on board the boats. Since there's no scanner in this company I work for (how can a modern travel agency with dozens and dozens of employees and it's own web site not own a scanner??!?!?) I can't scan the pictures and figures I need in my PP show, and then a lecture will be all dull. How for example can you explain the ocean currents in the Arctic Ocean without a map of the currents? So, might not produce many lectures tomorrow.

The trivia of my life :)

Engin ummæli: