sunnudagur, júní 29, 2008

Repetitive strain injury

I can't get my workspace to fit me right. The keyboard tray is too low compared to the desk. If I lower the seat to make it compatible with the keyboard tray, the mouse is way out of whack. And no matter what I do, the armrests on my office chair (which I bought myself, since my department doesn't think that good ergonomics are part of a healthy work environment) bump into everything. I love the armrests for, hmmm, resting my arms? but when they get into the way all the time, some love gets lost.

This all leads to pain in my shoulders, neck and right hand. Right now I have such an uncomfortable feeling in my hand, it feels like it will cramp up any moment. All this makes working at the computer, which I need to do 8 hours a day now a days, such a pain. Any suggestions from my valued reader(-s)?

3 ummæli:

Lára sagði...

vertu dugleg að standa upp og teygja úr þér! :)

Herdis sagði...

jamm, geri thad!

hronnsa sagði...

elsku kerling. af hverju skaustu ekki tolvuposti a mig?!?!? eg er vinnuvistfraedingur for crying out loud! eg skelli mer i heimsokn a skrifstofuna thina og geri uttekt a vinnuadstodunni hid snarasta. keyri fra nyc a fimmtudaginn.

knus
h.