fimmtudagur, júní 05, 2008

Still here,

...just not posting very often.

A couple of weeks ago my friend Erna graduated with a distinguished Ph.D. from Columbia. I made the trip to NYC to hang out and admire the outfit:



Cornell's graduation was the following weekend and there were some costumes involved there as well. Here's my former field assistant Tim, with the yellow ribbon signifying the award he got for being the best student in the department this year:



The weather here in Ithaca over graduation weekend was supremely superb, as this photo I took of Beebe lake proves:



There was a party at a professor's house for our dear Pete Nester, who got his Ph.D. that day, and his family. They all live in Houston now, taking care of the future's energy needs, and we miss them a lot. They kept running around so I couldn't get a decent picture of them. Art and Terry were much more cooperative:



and so was my friend and office mate Tiffany:



Next year, I'll get to show you all pics of her in the red Cornell Ph.D. gown :) !!

6 ummæli:

Mike sagði...

whenever i see those gowns i can only think harry potter....

i am considering a phd program....applied and fingers crossed....

i do need to be more reguklar in my blog reading/writing

Herdis sagði...

I know what you mean, this felt like HP fest :) Actually, I think that if I ever get my own gown I'll wear it to work every Monday. It would make academia so much more fun ;)

Mike sagði...

*giggles*
alternate pop culture reference - the guy in the thomas dolby video that runs around saying "science"

also i've noticed that something in your comments translates my last name "zellers" to "Nota annan reikning"

Herdis sagði...

ROFL... you just gotta LOVE the online translation tools :D At some point babelfish translated every Icelandic word it didn't understand as "snuggle up" :)

Lára sagði...

er þessi Tim búinn að skrá sig í hæsti maður heims?

Herdis sagði...

LOL Lára :) Nei, ég held ekki, en þú ert sko ekki sú fyrsta sem stingur upp á því :D