fimmtudagur, mars 28, 2002

Can you believe that they shot a scene for the new James Bond-movie here on Svalbard, without bringing Pierce Brosnan over, or a Bond-girl (for the guys...). Uforskammat, det!

Easter seems to be bringing in storms over Svalbard. Right now the wind howls and the air is full of snow. Last year there was also a full-blown storm here at Easter, maybe it is some kind of tradition around here?? A big tent we had out in Tempelfjorden last season was torn away with the wind and found bundled up on the sea ice 1 km from where it stood before the storm, I wonder if anything similar will happen this year.

I know I've been very lazy writing e-mails the last few weeks, have been having some problems with the computer (it freezes if I try to have several windows open at the same time etc.). Don't worry (or get mad at me!!!), everything's just fine!

Hmmmm, nothing much to say. It must be the exhaust from the scooters... at least even a well-trained brain tends to get a bit numb up here and focus only on snow conditions, the latest polar bear stories, and how the sea ice is doing. You can't even buy Newsweek or Time here, but Se og hør, Her og nå, Elle og Glamour (!!!) are sold all over the place. I'm not sure I want to know what that tells you about the mentality of people living here (or those running the shops).

Engin ummæli: