fimmtudagur, október 10, 2002

Oyoyoy, what an autumn day. My brand new haircut blown to pieces and my butt (of all places!!) wet from walking in the horizontal rain.

It was a short shower, as my dad´s wife said. The jeep trip became, in my case, only 2 days instead of 8. Woke up on the 2nd day in beautiful Landmannalaugar with a mind-blowing headache that solemnly refused to surrender to any painkiller known to man. Driving on the bumpy, winding roads of Sprengisandur didn´t help a lot. Close to the threatened Þjórsárver (hydropower, what else can Icelandic politicians think of anyway??) we stopped to look at the view but I ended up puking behind a stone. Wonderful. Won´t go into the graphic details but this odd and uncomfy behavior was with me for the rest of the day, even the hut we stayed in at Myvatn got a dignified greeting by me. After all of this I wasn´t really looking forward to driving a few hundred more bumpy and winding kilometers in the highlands so I decided to call it a day and hitched back to Reykjavík on Monday. Kverkfjöll and Askja will have to wait for my return a bit longer :(

When this winter settles in, I can´t help thinking of leaving the country. A friend´s in Thailand, just chillin´. Aaahhh...

Engin ummæli: