laugardagur, september 10, 2005

I have been tagged

and am, according to Stina's wishes, to post five random things about myself:

1. I have never wanted to become a hair-dresser.

2. When we were children, my brother and I spent parts of two summers in a camp for children run by the Franciscan nuns in the small town of Stykkisholmur. Not that we were Catholics (or pious at all), I guess it was a way of allowing us kids to spend a part of our summers away from the city and all that a city stands for. I can still remember the place pretty well and I can't say I miss it. But occasionally being the altargirl at Sunday sermon was kind of nice, if only because the incense smelled good, it was fun to throw more water than strictly necessary at the annoying kids, and the priest usually gave us some goodies in his office afterwards (I know what you are all thinking here... but hey,, they can't all be like that!).

3. After my parents' divorce when I was 8 or 9 years old, I moved around like crazy. We'd typically live at a place for up to a year, then find some other place that was allegedly better. Sometimes the only difference would be on which side of the street the house was located. When the house had been stripped of everything, I would invariably put a little note somewhere, say in a crack between the floorboards, telling whomever would find it that I had lived there. I wonder if any of those were ever found... I mean, how well can a 10-year old hide things??

4. The moving-around legacy of my youth and teens has stayed with me. I've lived in Bolivia, Norway and the United States and I still get a little uneasy when thinking of settling somewhere (in a cute little house with a garden??). You could call me a nomad or a wandering spirit. Or maybe, an escapist?

5. For reasons I'm not going into in any detail here, I like the music of Salin hans Jons mins. This is a confession that could alienate some friends. To those, I say: Bear with me. It's been hard for me too ;)

If I got this game right, I should tag someone too. Hmmm... let's see. Erna, but I doubt she'll have time. Shan, maybe I can persuade him. Raggi (if he's not up in the mountains chasing a cairn ;)). Lara systir, because she's the funniest person alive. I think I'll let those four suffice.

Engin ummæli: