miðvikudagur, maí 02, 2007

Smart

Today I attended the last lecture in the last class I am taking for my minor in environmental engineering. Then I get back to my desk and read in the news that they're going to use wastewater from beer production to produce electricity. Excellent timing. At no other point in my existence would this news item have meant anything to me, but now it does. Gaman að því.

This class has been pretty hard, probably because I missed the first few weeks b/c of my field work in the Philippines. And sometimes I'm just not so sure why I'd want to learn about biologically treating dissolved poop. But hey, it's not as bad as it sounds... and I finally understood the details of some biochemistry stuff that's been eluding me for a long time. Plus, I might one day actually get a job with this education. That's always a bonus.

Oh, and even more importantly: This is probably the last class I will take EVER (at least at Cornell...)!!! Here's cheers to that!

1 ummæli:

Schopka fjölskyldan sagði...

Dugleg stelpa :) Vorkveðjur frá DK.