mánudagur, apríl 25, 2005

Back from Kaua'i

Kaua'i was great. It's so beautiful!! The hike into the canyon was pretty amazing (and strenuous), so was the hike along the Na Pali coast that Shan and I did on Saturday and Sunday. It's so much more fun to have company on hikes. Actually, being alone in the canyon was fine too, but there's too much time to ponder all the things that can (and usually won't) go wrong. I hardly slept the night I camped in the canyon, I was so busy worrying about whether I would die of dehydration or not. Isn't that sad, to waste so much time over silly things like that? I'm laughing at myself in retrospect. My water rationing was so effective that when I came out of the canyon, I still had almost half a gallon of water left, and had spent the last mile and a half trying to drink as much water as my body could possible take in. Maybe it would have been a good idea to just drink it in the night, when I was seriously thirsty... oh well.

As I said above, the island is amazing. I will have to go there again one day.

Engin ummæli: