fimmtudagur, apríl 07, 2005

Yoga, Gaia and Bjerrum

One of the students took me to a yogaclass last night. After five-hundred downward-facing dogs and quite a lot of warriors, plus some other more obscure stuff, I was totally hammered and so totally relaxed that I almost fell asleep on the floor of the studio. Today, my lower back has been reminding me of the class... which is good, I guess.

The usual destruction/malfunction mode of our class was traded today for some constructive volunteering work. We were all sent out to this wildlife sanctuary, where no cattle or wild pigs (not very popular around here, since non-native) are allowed access, to plant some saplings of endangered Hawai'ian trees. It was very nice to bury one's fingers in the soil and get all dirty. Loved it!

Now: Help some students with the homework. Bjerrum-plots and redox equations, here we come!!

Engin ummæli: