fimmtudagur, apríl 07, 2005

Report from the trenches

The biogeochemistry class is turning into a survival issue for most of the gadgets we brought out here. I don't know what it is, the weather or my hairdo or what, but for some reason or other this stuff is all dying.

Today's near-death experience was alloted to BIOGEOrge, a small green guy who measures photosynthesis in leaves and breathing in soils. BIOGEOrge is a really cool guy. However, it was not very cool when my advisor and I were out in the field today. Actually, it started emitting smoke and some pretty awful smell. Why? Heaven knows. Maybe it was so tired from pumping the atmospheric carbon dioxide levels down from their current 370 ppm to the 60 ppm we read on the screen. And maybe it was just my hairdo.

Fortunately, however, BIOGEOrge survived. So did we.

Engin ummæli: