föstudagur, apríl 08, 2005

More trenches in cowboy country

or should I call them soil pits??

We spent the day digging more holes, in addition to the ones we had already dug on the Kohala Ranch on Monday. Today we dug at the Kahua Ranch, kept company to the cows and enjoyed wonderful weather pretty much the entire day. Like I told you yesterday, there's nothing like rolling around in the mud and getting all dirty. Wonderful. A tiny stream, flowing under the open sky for approximately 4 meters, was also discovered and, as a rare thing in these places where all water is instantly soaked up by the rocks, it was immediately sampled. So, my sample stock is slowly but surely increasing. One day they'll be part of my thesis. Yay, that's nice to know.

Last night we watched Closer. None of us has quite figured out yet what to make of it. And for the first time Jude Law totally failed to impress me. Hmmm... I think the movie might just have been crap.

Tonight: A sushi place in Hawi.

Engin ummæli: