föstudagur, apríl 20, 2007

The birthday and the defense

Yesterday wasn't all mourning, though.

My darling sister Lára celebrated her 20th birthday yesterday. Wow, I can't believe that it's been so long since I first met her!! I was 13, after all, when she was born and I guess I functioned in some ways as her mom... which was an incredible experience for someone so small as me and one that I'm glad that I had... although it was probably too much for me at the time. So, my "little" sister isn't that small anymore - and I wish I could have been with her on this very big day. Til hamingju með afmælið, Lára mín!!

Also yesterday, my dear lab mate Julie defended her PhD thesis, no less! She did a fantastic job in her public lecture and then underwent 2 hours of closed examination by her committee members. Later a bunch of us went out for dinner and tonight the celebration will continue. Congrats, Julie!

2 ummæli:

Nafnlaus sagði...

takk æðislega. Ég var líka mjög sátt með að vera orðin svaka fulorðin allt í einu.... og skellti mér bara í húsdýragarðinn og klappaði svínunum :)

Herdis sagði...

Þú ert best!! ;)