mánudagur, apríl 16, 2007

The snow

Winter isn't going anywhere here in Ithaca. Town is now draped in heavy, wet and impossibly white snow, at a time of year when people are usually pulling out their shorts and sandals.

The forecast told us already last week that the weekend would see some snow. Last night, it was just raining. Then I had this dream that I was going to school and to get there, I had to wade through dirty slush up to my neck. I decided it wasn't worth it, turned around and went back home to snuggle up with a cup of hot chocolate in bed. Oddly enough the slush didn't make me wet, dirty or cold, but it was still real slush. A guy walking next to me through it was really hell-bent on making it to school and started swimming. I couldn't relate to that. Then, when I woke up, town was shrouded in white and oh so pretty slush.

So, am I dreaming for dagláts? Or am I using the weather as an inspiration for expressing my feelings towards life, death and the universe (read: grad school)?

Not that life, death and the universe are that bad these days. No, in fact I find myself pretty psyched about my work these days. Not to mention the fact that Audrey Raines is ALIVE, just like I predicted. See, I'm outsmarting these 24 people. Yes!

Engin ummæli: