fimmtudagur, apríl 25, 2002

Oh, life is good again. Last Monday a spontaneous party broke out at my place, we sat there some 6 people from work drinking red wine and having an "advanced topic" conversation until late in the night, and it was such fun. Can't be mad at these cowboys anymore :)

Tuesday the weather was fabulous and I went with some guys from work to Origo (a boat frozen into the ice in Tempelfjorden) to have a good dinner and enjoy life. I'm not driving the scooter yet, so I was a passenger. Gee, these cowboys ride like maniacs!! But it was such fun, and the evening was so beautiful with not a breeze even up in the mountainpasses and not one single cloud in the sky. I think I didn't realize until then how much I miss the outdoors here, after more than two weeks in town. The trip really gave me "blod på tann" as the Norwegians say, so now I'm dying to get out of town again. That will probably be tomorrow, when I'm heading for Kapp Linné (yep, where I knocked my shoulder out). A whole bunch of people are going there this weekend and I thought I might be of some help out there... and have some fun at the same time! As of now I don't know how I'll get there, if I'll catch a ride with some girls going there tomorrow or maybe, if I'm very lucky, get a lift with a helicopter (!!!) that's maybe going there tomorrow...

This not-working-period is really something strange. I thought in the beginning, oh well what the heck, there are so many things I can do... read and write and visit people andandand. Hmmm... it's true, but still I haven't done anything. I mean, there is just no motivation for doing anything. Strange. I started going to physiotherapy this week and that has helped me get up in the morning (although of course I missed the first session since I overslept...), and it also makes me feel better in the arm and shoulder, and that makes me feel better overall. Jibbi!!! Not good enough to drive a scooter though, so i guess I'll have to be a pensjonist on the Norwegian state a bit longer. An active pensjonist, hopefully, they have a system here that allows you to go to work and do what you can and feel like doing without losing your sykepenger. Brilliant system. Has definitely saved many people from depression and suicidal tendencies (no, I'm not that bad. Yet).

Got my pictures from S-America back from developing. It turned out to be 31 (!!!!!) films (no wonder Arnon thought I was a japanese in disguise). Out of those, 17 from Antarctica. 17x36=612. Thereof ca. 300 with penguins on it. I must be mad. O well, it will keep me occupied for a few days, sorting out the rubbish and putting the usable ones into albums and frames. And, needless to say, ruin my economy :)

Engin ummæli: