mánudagur, apríl 29, 2002

Went to the physiotorture this morning like a good girl, after a weekend with a complaining arm. What's all this nonsense in me, I should be grateful I didn't mess things up as badly as my friend Sisse did: She was a passenger on a scooter and the guy driving it didn't see when the other scoters in front of him stopped (it's a very good idea when driving any kind of vehicle to look in front of you at least every few minutes...), so he crashed into them at full speed and Sisse flew off her scooter and landed shoulder first on the ice. Her shoulder is broken, looks like a minor mountain range and they'll have to open it sometime later and scrape off half of the bone. She might not be able to carry a rucksack again. I'd go insane.

Spring in Longyearbyen (but it's still the Arctic, remember). Some of the inch-thick ice lying EVERYWHERE is melting, and gee am I happy. Don't know how many times I've found myself wildly out of control on the streets of town. To give you an example, this morning I was scaling an iced hill and slid down, backwards, until my foot found hold in some poor little kid playing on the only black spot on the street. "Hey, I'm having a picnic!", the kid announced to the intruder, and really didn't seem to mind being turned into a flight of stairs for a few seconds. Nice kid :)

Was going to go to the UNIS-library today and take a look at a book by some genius who says that there is no environmental crisis going on on the planet and that everyone claiming the opposite is a nitwit. Interesting... but now it's late and Berit the librarian has gone home so I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Amazing how time flies.

Engin ummæli: