fimmtudagur, júlí 12, 2007

Las Islas Filipinas - again?

My adviser popped into the lab today to tell me that we are 99% sure to get the grant to go to the Philippines this summer. Erm... I know what you are thinking... isn't the summer half over? Well, yes.

So, getting a grant is always excellent, and sometimes even sprexellent, as in this particular case. It's not a lot of money, but enough for what it's intended for, and coming out of a pool that sees stiff competition, I think we can be pretty pleased with ourselves. The only problem is that... well, now that the summer is almost over and The Conference looming ahead, there's just no TIME to go! But we'll figure something out. I'll keep you posted.

2 ummæli:

Nafnlaus sagði...

YAY!!!!!! You should see the grin on my face right now. Here's to nice surprises!

Herdis sagði...

Thanks :)